Fashion, Beauty, and All Those Pretty Things

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Current Top 5 Favorite Drugstore Lipsticks

Hey Guys, its Claudia! Today I really wanted to do a post on my current favorite drugstore lipsticks.
I love lipsticks! I always have had a love for lip gloss and especially in the past year I have become extremely fond of lipstick. I have different obsessions over smokey eyes, or bronzed cheeks, or bright lips. And currently I am in an obsession for lip products. With the coming of winter it gets dry and I am constantly curious if my lips are dry or not, pigmented or not. So expect a few more lip posts to come soon. Anyways...I love lipstick, and although there are higher quality lipsticks out there drugstore lipsticks, in my opinion, are the most fun. You can try so many and there is amazing selection to choose from. So I am gonna shut up now, and show you guys some photos! Enjoy!

Maybelline "Warm Me Up"
Its a beautiful nude pink. Its more of a brown nude, not a light, pale, im dead kind of nude. Its very pretty and would work with any makeup look or outfit. It is extremely creamy and pigmented. Although there is a scent to the Maybelline lipsticks it is better then the majority of drugstore lipsticks. Lastly, I find the cubes extremely fun packaging!

Revlon Matte "Pink Pout"
It is a very pretty cool toned, pink. Some would think that the matte would be too drying but I dont, just make sure your lips aren't dry before you apply. I love this lipstick and although it is matte, I feel it makes my lips look amazing and full, yet cute and girly. The pigment is fantastic, and the packaging is just average. Nice and easy to carry around.

Rimmel Lasting Finish "Airy Fairy"
What a classic drugstore lipstick, and for good reason. This is a beautiful shade that I find to be the perfect pink for fall. I absolutely love everything about this lipstick. The beautiful mauve pink shade to the cute packaging, to the creamy formula and nice scent. Its definatly a drugstore winner!
(the pictures make it look nude, but it truly is mauve pink)
Rimmel Moisture Renew "Vintage Pink"
Ok this is literally the funnest fall shade ever. Ok...along with MAC's Craving. But this is such a drugstore winner, the formula is phenominal! I did not imagine it would be so great but wow it exceeded my expectations. First off, everyone says it isn't wearable. But I really don't find it that dark especially if you only do one or two coats, it already has a full and even application with just one coat! The packaging, although a bit tacky is adorable. The only thing I hate is the scent! Think L'oreal lipsticks.

Maybelline "Summer Sunset"
It is the same as the other Maybelline in formula and packaging, however there is one key difference. This is no nude lipstick. This is a BEAUTIFUL red! I love red lipstick, although I don't wear it often I have a few and this one is the one that lately of all of them, I have been wearing a ton! I don't know what it is but this seems like a wearable red. Even though it is dark. I just feel it looks beautiful and delicate against fair skin and dramatic and fun against dark skin. Love!
(the photos make it look brownish, but trust me its red)
And lastly swatches....
Maybelline Warm Me Up, Revlon Pink Pout, Rimmel Airy Fairy, Rimmel Vintage Pink, Maybelline Summer Sunset

Enjoy! And please, please, please look into these! They are amazing lipsticks and all deserve even more praise then I could ever give them. Have a great Friday!
Love, Claudia

1 comment:

  1. I've been having so much trouble trying to find a nude at a drugstore that I would like..and that 2nd one looks like a winner! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete