Fashion, Beauty, and All Those Pretty Things

Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome!

   Welcome to Pearls with Peonies!  We are Claudia and Sophie, the writers of this fashion and beauty blog.  We want to take the time to explain how this blog is going to work.  We will each post twice a week on the blog.  Our posts will include fashion, beauty, and just some fun random posts about movies and music.

   Now, to have you guys get to know us, we will be interviewing each other.

What would you describe your fashion style as?
Claudia- I would have to say I am a mixture between indie, bohemian, girly and classic elements. I never dress the same way. Some days are dressy for a fun day of shopping, and others are just casual with friends.

Sophie- My style is very girly and chic.  I keep up with the trends, but always add my own flare to things!  I also love exploring different styles and then incorporating them into my own personal style.

Do you have any favorite beauty brands?
Claudia- I do lean towards high end brands like Benefit, MAC, Urban Decay and Nars. However there really isn't anything more fun than an hour in Walgreens! Maybelline, NYX, Revlon and Wet n' Wild are some of my drugstore favorites.

Sophie- I love both high end and drugstore brands.  My absolute favorite brand is MAC because I can always depend on them for high quality.  I also like trying different drugstore brands including Wet n' Wild, Maybelline, and NYX.

What is your everyday makeup look?
Claudia- For everyday I love to go natural. Mascara is a necessity with my short eyelashes and a nice peachy pink blush is great and brightens up my face. Add a nice bronze eyeshadow and I am good to go!

Sophie- When wearing makeup, most of the time I like to go natural with a pop of color.  I love enhancing my features, but also making it fun with color.

What activitiess do you take part in?
Claudia- I play soccer and softball for sports, and I also have been in a few plays. One of my biggest hobbies though is photography. Some days my mom will just drive me somewhere and I will take pictures of the sunset.

Sophie- Sport wise, I figure skate and I'm on a rowing team (crew).  I like to act and sing, along with drawing.  On my spare time, I also like to whip up desserts!

What are your favorite things to do with your friends?
Claudia- I love shopping with my friends, they always seem to help me find things I may not have come across on my own. Going to the beach is a necessity on a hot summer day. Lastly, sometimes its just best to go to someones house and have a movie marathon or one night have a big bonfire!

Sophie- I love to go shopping at the mall with my friends!  They always help me pick out the cutest pieces.  I also love having bonfires and watching movies.

Describe yourself in three words.
Claudia- Loving, hard- working, and energetic

Sophie- Smiley, free spirited, and determined

Describe the other person in three words.
Claudia- Sophie is.... caring, confident, and smart.

Sophie- Claudia is... quirky, understanding, and happy.

At the mall, where are your five favorite stores you need to hit up?
Claudia- Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Sephora, MAC, and Nordstroms

Sophie- American Eagle, Nordstroms, Delias, MAC, and Sephora

What is your current favorite band/singer, TV show and movie?
Claudia- My all time favorite band is Paramore and my favorite singer is Adele. Glee is my favorite TV show and I actually saw them in concert at the beginning of June. Of course my favorite movie is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which I saw at midnight the night it came out. It was amazing! I have loved the series forever and I am so sad to know that it is all done.

Sophie-  My current favorite band is Florence and the Machine and my favorite song currently is Cyclone- yes i know an oldie!  My favorite TV shows are The Nine Lives of Chole King, Gossip Girl, and The Hills.  I watch so many movies a week that its hard to choose, but I would have to go with Blue Crush 2.

What is on your current reading list?
Claudia- Well for school I am forced to read a few books including Speak (which I have finished and completely recommend), The Bean Trees, and Inherit The Wind. Which is sad because I have to read them and have so many books I want to read. Including The Hunger Games, the new Pretty Little Liars books, the newest Vampire Diaries book (love those books!), Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have), I would also love to read Lauren Conrad's books. Ok I am gonna stop listing now...

Sophie- I as well am forced to read the books for school.  I mainly wing the books that I read, but I have been wanting Beach Blondes and any Sarah Dessen book.  I am also going back to read the L.A. Candy series.


   Thanks for reading this, we hope you now have a better understanding of us.  We are very excited to start blogging!

       Love,
    
               Claudia and Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment