Fashion, Beauty, and All Those Pretty Things

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Nail Trends

Hi Everyone, its Claudia posting today. I decided as my first official post I wanted to talk about summer nail trends.
I picked my top 5 favorite colors of polishes to talk about in this post.
Although there are never necessarily those "in" colors because pretty much all nail polish is accepted, there are those polishes that you can't help but wear during a certain season or for a certain event.
Everyone has their own opinion on what colors are in and this is mine. I hope you guys like this post and please leave comments below!
Now lets get to it...

Orange, Coral, and Hot Pink!
I'm sure not just this summer but last summer as well you noticed the overwhelming amount of coral popping up here and there. But this summer it is not only time to get back into coral, but also to try out hot pink and orange. All of these colors are so bright and scream summer. It reminds me of beautiful summer sunsets. Summer is all about having fun and with these colors you are bound to have it, or at least look like you are!
(Essie's Brazilliant, OPI's Cajun Shrimp, Essie's Peach Daiquiri)
(Essie's Brazilliant)

(OPI's Cajun Shrimp)

(Essie's Peach Daiquiri)

(Essie's Brazilliant, OPI's Cajun Shrimp, Essie's Peach Daiquiri)

Tiffany Box Blue
Another big trend for the summer is shades similar to the famous Tiffany box. I have found that there is an Essie shade that is very similar. Wear it alone as a simple Tiffany Box blue, or try painting one finger with tons of glitter such as your ring finger. I did this combo last week and it reminds me of mermaid nails. Love it!
(Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, Sinful Colors' Nail Junkie)

(Essie's Turquoise & Caicos)
(Sinful Colors' Nail Junkie)

(Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, Sinful Colors' Nail Junkie, Nail Junkie on top of Turquoise & Caicos)

Bold Pinks!
Sometimes we neglect pinks  because we feel it doesn't necessarily fit into any certain season, for others it is a staple. Well one great time to wear it is this summer! But no plain old pink, instead go for bright and vibrant barbie pinks or magenta's.
(Sinful Colors' Pink Forever, Essie's No Boundaries)

(Sinful Colors' Pink Forever)
(Essie's No Boundaries--it is an old color that I got at a Trade Secret Outlet)

(Sinful Colors' Pink Forever, Essie's No Boundaries)

Pretty in Pastels!
One trend that I admit to love all year long is pastels. They are so lovely and easy to wear. They look pretty and delicate against my fair skin but also really make a tan pop in the summer! I have to just say all 3 of these are American Apparel brand nail polish and I just have to say they really are my favorite nail polishes. You truly only need one coat. I did two coats in these photos so you could see how vibrant they are but really I normally only need one coat!
(American Apparel's Office, L'Esprit, and Coney Island)

(American Apparel's Office)
(American Apparel's L'Esprit)
(American Apparel's Coney Island)

(Top to Bottom: American Apparel's Coney Island, L'Esprit, Office)
And lastly, my very favorite hue would be... Blues!
Blues are very in this summer. It isn't drifting towards any shade. Any blue works, they all remind people of different summer things. The ocean or beautiful clear sky. Here are some of my very favorite blues that are great for the summer!
(OPI's Whats With The Cattitude?, Milani's Dude Blue, Essie's Lapiz of Luxury)
(OPI's Whats With The Cattitude?)
(Milani's Dude Blue)
(Essie's Lapiz of Luxury)
(OPI's Whats With The Cattitude?, Milani's Dude Blue, Essie's Lapiz of Luxury)
Thanks so much for reading my first post! I recommend all the polishes mentioned and most of them can be purchased at Ulta, Target, Walgreens, etc.
As always thank you, and if you have any questions or suggestions leave them below in the comments or email us at pearlswithpeonies@gmail.com
Love, Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment