Fashion, Beauty, and All Those Pretty Things

Sunday, September 11, 2011

How To: Vintage and Thrifting

Hey Guys, its Claudia!
Like Sophie said we recently started school and its intense I have school, then soccer, dinner and then homework and then I go to bed so during the week 99.9% of the time its out of the question if I can blog or not. However I am going to try to make the weekends work!
Today I want to give you guys some tips about vintage clothing and where to find it.

What is Vintage? Vintage is clothing that used to belong to someone back 10, 20, 30, 40, maybe even 50 years ago! Its clothing that displays the styles of that time period. However because it is so old it is hard to find good vintage.

Vintage to look out for: I personally don't own much vintage at all but I do have some tips for good vintage. I think the number one thing to look for vintage is jewelry. Pretty necklaces or rings will never go out of style. Plus it makes it that much more special because no one else will have it.

Where to get vintage: My favorite place is Urban Outfitters. You may say what? Vintage at UO?! Yes I am saying Vintage at UO. They not only have a section online with vintage but my favorite part is their Urban Renewal brand. They find vintage pieces and they either... (copied from Urban Outfitters site)

"Vintage- items are selected from our favorite eras retaining their original charm.
Recycled- vintage pieces are renewed and reconstructed into modern designs.
Remade- new pieces are made from end of roll fabrics"

Some great pieces that I would love to own include...


And then of course there is thrifting. I don't do much because we have no good thrift shops where I live. However I have been to some when I have been to trips to LA and Chicago. You just need to do your research and figure out how much you are willing to spend.
Hope this helps!
...and on this day of 9/11 let us pray for the family and friends of the victims of that fatal day 10 years ago.
Love, Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment